Effectively and efficiently conduct tests on all Division products in accordance with specification requirements. Be knowledgeable of all military specifications; particularly, as relates to product testing. Be familiar with laboratory equipment, be capable of making test set-ups, conducting the test, gathering all pertinent data, and providing an analysis of the data. Make necessary repairs to laboratory equipment.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES (LIST IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Conduct testing in accordance with required specifications.
2. Conduct testing in accordance with the laboratory safety manual and recognized safety procedures.
3. Develop new and more efficient methods for testing the products.
4. Assist other engineering personnel in the evaluation and analysis of test data.
5. Make circuit calculations as required to assure correct voltage, current and power factor levels for short circuit and endurance testing.
6. Gather test data in a precise and logical manner and record in such a manner that data is not misunderstood.
7. Operate the laboratory test equipment within it s safe and recommend rating.
8. Maintain test equipment in good working condition and update, where necessary.
9. Make repairs to test equipment, as required.
10. Recommend design changes or modifications based on test results to assure optimum product performance.
11. Preparation of certification test reports.
12. Preparation of purchase requisitions for acquisition of test equipment or supplies needed by laboratory.
BACKGROUND: (EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE)
! Associate engineering degree, technical training or equivalent.
! Knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical testing of circuit breakers, switchgear and protection and control products.
! Knowledge of the Division's products.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: (MACHINERY, COMPUTERS/SOFTWARE, OFFICE EQUIPMENT)
1. Ability to make test set up and conduct electrical and mechanical testing.
2. Ability to record test results in a clear and logical manner.
3. Ability to communicate test results and test information to other engineering personnel.
4. Ability to explain test procedure and test results to customers.
5. Ability to perform test in a safe manner.
6. Ability to prepare test reports and documentation required for submittal to customer or regulatory agency.
7. Ability to analyze test data and make recommendations.
8. Ability to use software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and equipment software formats temporary to permanent test engineers to support the testing of the DC OR switchboards testing for Electric Boat, and circuit breaker testing.
Positions require U.S. citizenship only - suppliers must screen and notate in the submittals that candidates are only a citizen of the U.S. (do not hold citizenship or passport with another country).
Security Clearance Needed: None needed at this time, but may be required at a future date. So must be able to obtain.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.