General Position Description:
Provides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality primary and urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- All medically related functions performed by a nurse practitioner are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts.
- After consultation with the AP Program Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment. Works in collaboration with designated Physician(s).
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and with direct medical oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal.
- Performs procedures, including but not limited to: I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Works autonomously, but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners, and other center staff as needed.
Associated topics: associate, board, certified nursing, clinical nurse, crna, gyn, nurse specialist, practice, prn, splst