2701 Coventryville Rd
TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Technician to join our team in Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
Job Summary: This Field Technician position maintains the scales, signs, and treadles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Preventative maintenance and troubleshooting/repair of equipment including in-lane load calls, loop detectors, lane controllers/LPUs (servers and PC hardware), automatic multi-mode machines, thermal printers, power supplies, video surveillance equipment, network components (routers, switches and cabling), and miscellaneous electronics.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Should be familiar with a wide range of power tools.
* Must have an excellent driving record including the ability to drive at night.
* Must be able to operate and work from an aerial lift device up to heights of 50 feet.
* Should have a demonstrated awareness of the safety aspects of a field technician position.
* Basic computer skills (MS Word & Excel)
* Ability to diagnose system problems using a voltmeter
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers
* Self-motivated with minimum amount of supervision
* Fundamental electrical/mechanical knowledge
* Basic electrical, electronics, mechanical, and construction experience
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Driving is a key requirement for this position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, and moving traffic. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Associated topics: chip, deposition, diffusion, layer, mask, microelectronic, saturation, semiconductor, transistor, zener
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...