Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $6.6 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 150 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290+ locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico, we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation.
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
We help our customers' power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency.
Would you like to be part of the next generation of Graybar and carry on our tradition?
As an Outside Sales Representative for Graybar, you will be part of our Electrical Commercial Supply Chain Distribution Team in Philadelphia. This position will focus primarily on the Philadelphia market. There will also be some same day travel to Allentown and Harrisburg. Responsibilities for an Outside Sales Representative:
In this ground floor opportunity, you will research, prospect and develop new opportunities and maintain relationships with current customers for the purpose of driving sales for Graybar's wholesale electrical commercial solutions and products.
- Train and become a subject matter expert on Graybar products and services.
- Be assigned an annual gross margin budget and achieve goals and objectives by promoting, selling, negotiating and closing deals in electrical solutions/products in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies.
- Consult daily with customers in facilities and property management, engineering, higher education and retail in person or off-site locations. By listening and understanding the customer, you will be able to analyze their needs and present solutions as to how Graybar can assist in achieving their goals operationally, environmentally and financially.
- Partner and collaborate with internal team members such as customer service reps, quotes and finance.
- Proactively handle customer issues/challenges for resolution and process and report potential claims.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management by informing of deals, local competition and market conditions.
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed and recommend new items for inventory.
- Assist with maintaining customer records, files and reports of business transactions.
- On occasion, professionally communicate with customers regarding collection status of past due accounts.
- Participate in continuous training sessions and lunch & learns to develop and increase industry knowledge.
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings and networking events.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Why Join Graybar?
- 2 years of account management/sales experience driving sales.
- Electrical wholesale industry knowledge a plus.
- AS, BS or BA degree or a technical trade school preferred.
- Military experience in networking, IT, electrical/electronics or logistics a plus.
- Motivated professional with a can do attitude who enjoys interfacing with customers.
- Interest in construction, real-estate and how things work.
- Team player who also can work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Highly proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite. SAP and Salesforce knowledge a plus.
- Highly proactive and organized with attention to detail a must.
- Enthusiastic to succeed in a professional supply chain/ construction/industrial/manufacturing and fast paced environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver's license.
Competitive base compensation.
Eligibility for a company car.
Comprehensive benefit plans.
Time off policy.
Stock Purchase Plan.
Tuition reimbursement and training & development.
Opportunity to work for an employee owned company that is admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality.
Fortune Magazine - 2018 World's Most Admired Companies - #2 Wholesale
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -
Associated topics: finance, financial advisor, financial professional, financial security, financial service, investment, merchant service solution, payment, personal banker, securities