Our office in Exton, PA is looking for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Engineer to join and help build our Contamination, Assessment and Remediation business in the Northeast U.S. In this role, you will perform investigations, conduct research, and evaluate data for the purpose of meeting environmental regulatory requirements. You will use your knowledge of various scientific disciplines to collect, synthesize, study, report, and recommend actions based on data derived from measurements and/or observations of a variety of environmental media.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prepare documents or portions of technical reports with the mentorship of your supervisor and peers
- Participate in investigations and ongoing monitoring for various environmental studies
- Conduct specific investigations and assignments in the field, which may include but is not limited to the collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil, gas and indoor air samples
- Collect field data, record field notes, and document observations
- Prepare reports including graphs, charts and annotated aerial photographs
- Take ownership of GHD's corporate health and safety program by preparing health and safety plans
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or related field
- 0-4 years of previous environmental consulting experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Able and willing to travel and work outdoors under adverse weather conditions 3-4 days a week (i.e. rain, snow, etc.)
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.