- Dana Corporation
- $50,050.00 -65,260.00/year*
2701 Coventryville Rd
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
To perform daily corrective and preventive die maintenance.
* Repairs and optimizes production tooling while attaining safety, quality, and production goals.
* Plans the set-up and operation of all types of machine shop tools including lathe, milling machines, shapers, grinders, etc. considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
* Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
* Confirms performance of die by installing die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Perform die repair, inspection, troubleshooting, and tooling machinery operation to ensure company and customer of a defect free product.
* Answer production calls and make repairs as needed.
* May assist in die set-ups for tryout and modifications.
* Disassembles tooling to be repaired or sharpened.
* Sharpens die sections and punches.
* Follow safety procedures and use PPE as indicated.
* Safe operation of overhead cranes is required to transport dies from one location to another.
* Follow all ISO 14001 and IATF/TS 16949 standards.
* Attend any or all classes related to company policies or procedures that directly affect company personnel
* Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
* Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
* Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
* Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from a management, team members, suppliers and customers
* Team work / collaborative style
* Able to use computer and software as required
* Work overtime and travel as required.
* Able to work under pressure of meeting schedules, production deadlines, and managing multiple priorities.
* Able to read blue prints
* Supply own tools; indicators, mics, basic measuring tools and hand tools
Education and Experience Required
* High school diploma or GED
* Must hold a Journeyman classification in the trade as Toolmaker OR have served a bona fide apprenticeship under standards acceptable to the UAW and has a certificate to substantiate such services OR have eight years of practical experience and can prove same with proper affidavits or work records.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...